A handywoman was determined to fix the faucet in her bathroom. When she had the correct part and installed it – with the water off at the main, like you’re supposed to do – her husband positioned himself near the main valve.
“In the amount of time it takes to yell, ‘Turn the water on!’ and immediately screaming, ‘Turn it off! Turn it off!’ our excellent water pressure soaked the interior bathroom wall, dripped through the floor to the kitchen ceiling, and soaked the floors in the master bath, master bedroom, guest bathroom, and adjoining hallway!” she bemoaned.
In the Houston area, homeowners know a lot about overflowing bayous and flooding. When your bathroom or laundry room floods, you need more than an ark and pets. You need a common-sense approach, and you need it now. Here are some things to do before you call us:
- Turn the water off at the shutoff.
- Shut the electricity off to the flooded rooms.
- Mop up standing water with towels, wet/dry vac.
- Pull up a corner of the carpeting to see if the carpet pad is soak and if the floor underneath is damaged.
- Call 281.661.4283. You can request emergency service or wait until you’ve managed to dry the affected areas and cleaned up the mess.
- Call your insurance agent and landlord, if renting. Ask if a water mitigation company is needed to dry the damage site before mold or additional damage occurs.
- Photograph the damages.
Stay Calm and Call Bradbury Thornton Plumbing Services
In-home flooding can be a real disaster, and it’s difficult to keep your cool when you’re worried about property damage. If you live in Conroe, Magnolia, Montgomery, Oak Ridge North, Shenandoah, Spring, The Woodlands, Tomball and surrounding communities, one or more Bradbury Thornton Plumbing Services professionals live nearby. We are a family-owned business, and want the best service and the best pricing for our friends or neighbors! Call 281.661.4283 or contact your plumbing professionals to schedule a free assessment of your home or commercial property’s plumbing. Together, with preventive maintenance, we can avoid a plumbing emergency.